UGC NET June 2023 Exam City Slips Released for Phase I & II Exam. The exam schedule has been declared. Admit Card will be released soon in June 2023. The exam date has been declared. It will be held from 13 to 22 June 2023. The exam will be conducted twice a year in June and December 2023. University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) exam will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). , It is a national level eligibility test which conducts “Assistant Professor” or “Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor Programme” for Indian students. Last year the exams of both the sessions were merged by the official authority so only one exam was conducted in the year 2022. In this article, we have provided complete information related to UGC NET June 2023 like admit card, exam date, pattern etc.
UGC NET June 2023
|Name of the Exam||UGC-NET|
|Full form||University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Application mode||Online mode|
|Exam mode||Online (Computer Based) mode|
|Date of Exam||13th to 22nd June 2023|
UGC NET June 2023 Exam Dates
UGC NET exam date will start from 13th June to 22nd June 2023. UGC NET June 2023 Phase I exam will be conducted from 13th June to 17th June 2023 and Phase II exam will be conducted from 19th June to 22nd June 2023. The exam time table for all the subjects has been released on the official website. The notification of exam city for UGC NET exam will be updated soon on the official website of UGC NET.
|Application form releases||10th May 2023|
|Last date to apply||31st May 2023|
|Last date to submit fee||1st June 2023|
|Correction window||2nd to 3rd June 2023|
|Exam City slip||8th June 2023 onwards|
|Admit Card releases||2nd week of June 2023|
|UGC NET 2023 Exam||13th to 22nd June 2023|
|Answer Key Releases||–|
UGC NET Exam Date 2023
|UGC NET Exam dates||13th to 22nd June 2023|
|Shift||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination||09.00 am- 12.00 pm||03.00 pm- 6.00 pm|
|Duration of Examination||03 hours|
|Entry into the Examination Centre||7.20 am – 8.30 am||1.45 pm- 2.00 pm|
|Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||7.20 am – 8.30 am||1.45 pm- 2.00 pm|
|Test Commences||9.00 am||3.00 pm|
|Test Concludes||12.00 pm||6.00 pm|
UGC NET June 2023 Schedule for June Cycle
|Phase||Exam Date||June Cycle Official Notice|
|Phase 1||13-17 June 2023||UGC NET Exam Date June Cycle 2023|
|Phase 2||19-22 June 2023||UGC NET Exam Date June Cycle 2023|
UGC NET Subject Wise Exam Date
|Library and Information Science|
|15.06.2023||Political Science||Shift 1|
|Environmental Sciences||Shift 2|
|Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel
Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)
|17.06.2023||Computer Science and Applications||Shift 1|
|20.06.2023||Economics / Rural Economics / Co-operation / Demography / Development Planning/ Development Studies / Econometrics/ Applied Economics/ Development Eco./ Business Economics||Shift 1|
|Bengali/ Oriya/ Social Work/ Human Rights and Duties/ Indian Culture/ Comparative Literature/ Maithili/ Rajasthani/ Hindu Studies/ Comparative Study of Religions/ Museology & Conservation/ German/Indian Knowledge systems/ Dogri/ Kashmiri/ Konkani/ Spanish/ Prakrit/ Russian/ Chinese/ Japanese/ Sindhi||Shift 2|
|21.06.2023||Labour Welfare/ Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social/ Welfare/Human Resource Management/Mass Communication and Journalism / Tamil/ Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/ Sculpture Graphics/ Applied Art/ History of Art)||Shift 1|
|Electronic Science/ Music/ Public Administration/ Punjabi/ Telugu/ Urdu/ Yoga||Shift 2|
|22.06.2023||Anthropology/ Arabic/ Assamese/ Forensic Science/ Kannada/ Malayalam/ Marathi/ Population Studies/ Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/ Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla/Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa / Agama)./ Tourism Administration and Management.||Shift 1|
|Tribal and Regional Language/ Literature/ Social Medicine & Community Health/ Gujarati/ Performing Art – Dance/ Drama/ Theatre/ Santali/ Linguistics/ Archaeology/ Defence and Strategic Studies/ Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education./ Bodo/ Politics including International Relations/ International Studies including/ Defence/ Strategic Studies; West Asian Studies; South East Asian Studies; African Studies; South Asian Studies; Soviet Studies; American Studies./ Women Studies/ Criminology/ Arab Culture and Islamic Studies/Buddhist; Jaina; Gandhian and Peace Studies/ Folk Literature/ Nepali/ Persian/ Manipuri/ French (French Version)/ Pali|
UGC NET June 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify master’s degree from any recognized board or university to be eligible.
- Percentage: Applying candidate must have scored minimum 55% marks (50% as OBC/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Third gender) without round off.
- Age Criteria: For JRF, candidate must not be more than 30 years on 1.06.2023. An age relaxation of 5 years is given to reserved category candidates. There will be no maximum age limit for Assistant Professor.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in final year in year 2023 are also eligible to apply for UGC NET 2023.
UGC NET June 2023 Admit Card
UGC NET Admit Card will be issued in the month of June 2023 before 15 days from the examination. The exam city slip is available to download from 8th June 2023 onwards. Hall Ticket will be available only through online mode. Candidates have to enter the required details in order to download the UGC NET hall ticket.
Candidates have to bring admit card along with Self Declaration (Undertaking) downloaded from the website and Photo ID proof at the examination hall. Candidates must check all details printed on the admit card, in case of any discrepancy contact to the official immediately.
UGC NET June 2023 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The examination for UGC NET will be conducted via online (computer based) mode.
- No. of papers: There will be two papers in the examination.
- Languages: Candidates can choose any English or Hindi language to give the examination.
- No. of Questions: Question paper will consist of 150 questions.
- Question Type: The Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) will be asked in the question paper.
- Time Duration: Candidates can submit the question paper within 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 2 marks will be given.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking for an incorrect answer.
The no. of questions & marks as per paper will be as follows:
|Paper||Marks||No. Of Questions|
UGC NET June 2023 Syllabus
UGC NET syllabus is different for both paper as Paper I & II.. Topics are from General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude, English, Law, Commerce, etc.
Students are advised to check complete syllabus before starting preparing for the exam. Students must check the detailed syllabus for various subjects in English & Hindi medium languages.
UGC NET June 2023 Answer Key
The answer key will be published in two parts, i.e. provisional and final answer key. UGC NET Answer key will be released in the month of July 2023. Students will be able to download the answer key through online mode.
An opportunity to submit challenge regarding the provisional answer key will be provided by the NTA. Candidates will have to pay Rs. 1000/- per question to challenge the answer key. Final answer key will be published after the completion of objection window.
UGC NET June 2023 Result
NTA will announce the UGC NET Result 2023 in the second week of July 2023. It will be checked through online mode only. The result for each session will be prepared in the form of raw scores and percentile scores of total raw scores.
The candidates will not be intimated by NTA about their result individually they have to check their result through the website. Any request regarding re-checking or re-evaluation will not be entertained by the authority.
UGC NET June 2023 Cut-off
The cut-off will be announced separately for all the categories. UGC NET Cut-off 2023 will be published by the NTA through online mode. Candidates will have to secure the minimum cut-off marks to qualify the exam.
The cut-off will be prepared on the basis of various factors such as number of candidates appeared in the exam, availability of posts, difficulty level of exam, previous years cut-off trends etc. The expected cut-off is given below:
|Category||Paper I (Max marks: 100)||Paper II (Max marks: 100)|
|General category||40 Marks 40%||80 Marks 40 (40%)|
|OBC (NCL)/PWD/ST/SC||35 Marks 35%||70 Marks (35%)|
UGC NET June 2023 Reservation Criteria
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non Creamy Layer (NCL)||27%|
|Person with Disability||5%|
UGC NET June 2023 Selection Procedure
Candidates will be selected for Assistant Professor and JRF on the basis of their performance in the UGC NET exam. After the declaration of result, no further rounds will be organized for selection of candidates.
Only the successful candidates will be consider for selection. Top 6% of the total candidates will be declared qualify. Candidates have to score minimum marks in both papers to be eligible for the post of JRF and Assistant Professor.
UGC NET June 2023 Application Form
- UGC NET 2023 application form has been released for June session.
- Candidates can apply from 10th May 2023 for June session.
- The last date to submit the registration form is till 31st May 2023.
- The application form has been made available only through online mode. No other mode is entertained to fill the application form.
- Authority has also provided correction facility to edit incorrect details (if any) in the application form for limited time period.
- More than one application form can not be accepted, so candidates must fill only single application form.
- While filling application form, candidates must not forget to upload passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format.
- The registration form can be accepted only of eligible candidates so candidates are advised to check norms to avoid any rejection in the form.
- All important information is sent to candidates registered mail ID & phone number, so it must be valid/working.
- Once all details are filled, candidates must not forget to take its printout for future use.
UGC NET June 2023 Application Fee:
- The application fee can be submitted via online mode.
- Mode of payment includes SBI/ Canara/ HDFC Bank/ credit card, debit card or UPI.
- The application fee for different category is as follows:
|General/ UR category||Rs. 1150/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL category||Rs. 600/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 325/-|
How to Apply for UGC NET June 2023
- Step:1 – Visit the official website of nta.ac.in
- Step:2 – On the home page, click on “Register Here” link.
- Step:3 – Fill details such as name, phone number, email ID, Aadhar number, Parent’s name etc.
- Step:4 – Now login using given OTP at registered phone number & email ID.
- Step:5 – Fill other educational & asked details and complete the procedure.
- Step:6 – Upload passport size photograph & signature in jpg format.
- Step:7 – Before submission, re-check all the given details in the application form.
- Step:8 – Now submit the application fee as per your category.
- Step:9 – Once fee will be submitted, a confirmation page will appear on your computer screen.
- Step:10 – Take its printout & keep it safe till the future use.