BLENDER NATION THON COMPETITION Sub: National Level Blender based Creative Design Thinking Competition Dear Sir/Madam,
The Project Management Unit (PMU) of the Coding and Robotics Education in Schools Scheme (CARES), Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Goa is organizing a “National Level Blender based Creative Design Thinking Competition ‘BLENDER-NATION-THON” tentatively in the month of February 2024.
BLENDER NATION THON COMPETITION
To compete at the BLENDER NATION THON COMPETITION National level each State/ Union Territories will have to conduct the competition in two stages.
Stage I : Taluka /District level
The students of Government / Govt. Aided / Private Unaided Recognized schools students studying in Class 7, 8 and 9 will compete at this stage. There will be 02 winners per Taluka/District who will then progress to compete at Stage 11.
The Theme for the Taluka/District Level Competition
- Cartoon animation
- Wildlife awareness
Stage II : State I Union Territory Level
The top 03 winners of Stage 11- State/ Union Territory Level will qualify for the prestigious National level competition to be held in Goa (Further guidelines attached in Annexure – 1).
The Theme for State Level Competition
- Global warming
Hereby, States/UTs are requested to share the information regarding National Level Blender based Creative Design Thinking Competition with all the concerned educational institutes / stake holders encouraging maximum participation of the students from your State. A copy of the guidelines for the said competition is enclosed for ready reference.
BLENDER NATION THON COMPETITION GUIDELINES
`BLENDER-NATION-THON’ – A NATIONAL LEVEL COMPETITION
Blender, is a free and open-source 3D computer graphics software tool set used for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D-printed models, motion graphics, interactive 3D applications, virtual reality, and, formerly, video games. This tool is currently being taught as part of the Revised ICT Curriculum at Class VII & VIII in all the Govt/Aided schools in the State of Goa.
The objective of this `BLENDER-NATION-THAN’ – A NATIONAL LEVEL COMPETITION
- Instilling the sense of creativity of animation, film/video making at middle school level hence paving the path into 3D design, modelling and animation.
- Aspire to give a voice to content creators and talented students across the length and breadth of the country and discover their aptitude at creating animations, movies, models using the Blender tool.
- Provide a platform for the students from different sections of society to display their creativity/craft in a professional way
- Using Blender tool to provide an opportunity to use geometric shapes to creatively depict solutions and create animations, and thus boost logical and mathematical thinking…
- Using Computational thinking aspects for abstraction, decomposition, pattern recognition towards creatively designing the theme-based activity.
- Using Design Thinking aspects empathize, define, ideate, prototype, test while designing the activities.
- Provide opportunities for school students of India to develop and showcase their computational thinking skills, design skills and most importantly, have a lot of fun, while displaying their creative side.
- BLENDER NATION THON COMPETITION
- Here are a few things to keep in mind before participating:
- The competition is meant for Students of Class 7th, 8th and 9th.
- The participant has to be the bonafide student of school recognized by Directorate of Education of the respective State /Union Territory
- Entry shall be rejected if the participant is not a bonafide student of the school recognized by Directorate of Education
- Students should carry their own laptop and has to do the project using Blender version 3.3.1
- Students have to participate individually and NOT as a team.
- A student can submit only one project.
- What Type of Projects Can Be Made?
- The project has to be based on the theme of the competition.
- The project has to be original, unique, and conveying a message to the world. The project has to be completed within 02 hours.
- BLENDER NATION THON COMPETITION